Ads 468x60px

Hello and welcome to nutritious recipes for picky eater children. Teaching kids to eat healthy foods at a young age will help them develop healthy eating patterns for life. Here I try to include simple, nutritious and creative recipes for kids and I think the whole family will love them.

Tuesday 1 May 2012

Angry bird rice balls

My son loves angry birds so I made these rice balls for him. This is my first try to make angry bird rice balls though I have made onigiri (japanese rice balls) many times.


Ingredients:
1 tsp tomato ketchup for red bird
1/2 nori sheet for eyelashes
Cheese for eyes
Cooked sticky white rice
Small carrot for beak and feather
1 tsp peas paste for green pig rice
2 peas for pig ears
Small cucumber for pig nose




Method:
For the red bird, I mixed white rice with tomato ketch up. It has also little white rice on the bottom. First I made onigiri of red rice and shaped into egg shape then again added little white rice on the bottom and shaped. Cheese and nori sheet are used for eyes and eyelashes. Carrots are used for beak and feather on the top. 



For green pig, I mixed white rice with pea paste to make green colored rice. I used pea pods for ears and  round shaped cucumber slice for nose. Cheese and nori sheet are used for eyes and eyelashes.



2 comments:

rabin said...

This is wonderful Prabina Bhauju. I like the idea. And your blog is just fantastic.

Rabin

Prabina said...

Thank u so much rabin....

Post a Comment

 
Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs